apurav799
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistently occuring daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am having extreme network issues. Cannot leave WIFI coverage else the calls don't connect. I am fed up of listening that my cell is not reachable. This is frustrating and fearful at the same time that you loose your cell connectivity randomly. I cannot even move in house while talking as network will drop suddenly and other side cannot hear me.
I had complained earlier also when my Firmware Version was 18.0840.2109.188. Issue got resolved for sometime after update but again facing same network drop issues.
I am running out of patience here. If this problem is not getting solved in few days then better Asus refunds my amount and take back my phone.
Already this phone was at service center twice and for over a month for Motherboard change.
I have compared this with my wife and she gets network in all the situations I have mentioned.
Hoping for a positive reply.
16 REPLIES 16

apurav799
Star III
apurav799

@ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Falcon@Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS

Can you please check above as I have already replied with the test observations and screenshots. Atleast let us know that somebody is looking into it or we are on our own in this case with no hope.

View post
Finally my Asus Rog 5 has given up on this Sunday(13th Feb).Network completely lost. Not reading Sim in both the lost and had to buy a new phone in emergency.
Before that I was in remote location so without complete backup, did a factory reset thinking it will resolve network issue but this was a complete failure and lost data too. (Was not able to take complete backup as was not carrying laptop)
One more thing I noticed was that Air trigger stopped working after factory reset.
I gifted myself a Snapdragon 732g mobile on 14th Feb, great shift from Sd888 All thanks to ASUS.
Now my mobile is lying idle and don't want to visit ASUS service center as I have already done it twice in past. Complete loss to me. Great way to earn money ASUS.
I will consult lawyer on suing them for faulty product.

rStar
Rising Star II
screenshot-20220215-193546995-281-29.jpg
Similar issue.
Can't surf internet properly.
Can't play battle royale/MP games properly because of high & sudden spike in Ping.
Check one plus 9RT vs asus Rog 5 video on YouTube. This phone had terrible data speed utilisation.