apurav799
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 18.0840.2112.210
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Consistently occuring daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am having extreme network issues. Cannot leave WIFI coverage else the calls don't connect. I am fed up of listening that my cell is not reachable. This is frustrating and fearful at the same time that you loose your cell connectivity randomly. I cannot even move in house while talking as network will drop suddenly and other side cannot hear me.
I had complained earlier also when my Firmware Version was 18.0840.2109.188. Issue got resolved for sometime after update but again facing same network drop issues.
I am running out of patience here. If this problem is not getting solved in few days then better Asus refunds my amount and take back my phone.
Already this phone was at service center twice and for over a month for Motherboard change.
I have compared this with my wife and she gets network in all the situations I have mentioned.
Hoping for a positive reply.
16 REPLIES 16

apurav799
Star III
zerojin14

Bump - any news?

View post
No reply/solution yet. Will suggest creating your seperate thread also so that ASUS understands that pain is real.

apurav799
Star III
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56942/network-issues-again

Same issues here. Cannot make network calls and cannot receive network calls. Signal is so weak. But when the simcard us inserted to rog 3. It does not jave the issues mentioned above. And the signal is strong. @ARP_ASUS

View post
Oh wao!!.. more proof that issue is with Rog5 only. Will suggest creating your seperate thread also so that ASUS understands that pain is real.

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
apurav799

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201362#Comment_201362

No reply/solution yet. Will suggest creating your seperate thread also so that ASUS understands that pain is real.

View post
O really hope this could be resolved by firmware update, or if they want us to go yo service center, they would have to let us know soon, so this could be fixed ASAP.

what happened to this ohone. Never ending issues and concern.

They should have pull out this phone and replace it with a new one. If not, they should extend the warranty on this one.
To think that it hasn't been a year since I bought this phone yet i had 3 replacement already. 1st, screen touch is not working on the edge of the phone when you tap and hold a finger on the screen and at the edge of screen at the same time. 2nd and 3rd MOBO replacement for wifi issue. Now simcard network issue having a very low signal and can't make or receive calls. IT JUST NEVER ENDS.
What if my warranty expires and I still and will have the same issue as stated above. What should I, and my fellow rog 5 users do?
@ARP_ASUS @gustaf_fl@guslosar@Gustav_ASUS @guslosar

zerojin14
Rising Star I
ghyzriellgalez06

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201379#Comment_201379

O really hope this could be resolved by firmware update, or if they want us to go yo service center, they would have to let us know soon, so this could be fixed ASAP.

what happened to this ohone. Never ending issues and concern.

They should have pull out this phone and replace it with a new one. If not, they should extend the warranty on this one.

To think that it hasn't been a year since I bought this phone yet i had 3 replacement already. 1st, screen touch is not working on the edge of the phone when you tap and hold a finger on the screen and at the edge of screen at the same time. 2nd and 3rd MOBO replacement for wifi issue. Now simcard network issue having a very low signal and can't make or receive calls. IT JUST NEVER ENDS.

What if my warranty expires and I still and will have the same issue as stated above. What should I, and my fellow rog 5 users do?

@ARP_ASUS @gustaf_fl@guslosar@Gustav_ASUS @guslosar

View post
Oof 3 replacements

apurav799
Star III
@ARP_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Falcon@Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS
Can you please check above as I have already replied with the test observations and screenshots. Atleast let us know that somebody is looking into it or we are on our own in this case with no hope.