Dorman
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 5
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: permenent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
after the android 12 update, my phone as many others were not working correctly.. currently, my phone can't make calls (it doesn't have any reception even though the sim is working correctly) and the shoulders buttons don't work.
The problem is that i bought the global version from AliExrpess (china) and my country service center refuses to fix the computer as they claim "They solder it differently in china" ..
So i thought about sending it to fix there.. anyone ever done that? if so how?
thanks in advance to any helper!
5 REPLIES 5

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I have never seen an update that causes hardware breakage, so send it in for repair. missing details "not working properly"
Not sure if you find someone who has already done this for you as a reference, it would have to be the same seller and that this one is serious, you are asking I believe the impossible.

Dorman
Star II
FunBike31

I have never seen an update that causes hardware breakage, so send it in for repair. missing details "not working properly"

Not sure if you find someone who has already done this for you as a reference, it would have to be the same seller and that this one is serious, you are asking I believe the impossible.

View post
not working probably = no service and no shoulder buttons
I have never seen an update that causes hardware breakage how else do you explain downgrading didn't fix it? it hasn't fall or anything. problam started imidately after the upgrade.

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
I would like you to check this sticky post and see if the device you bought matches https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46440/rog-phone-5-tencent-edition-with-global-international-r...
If that's the case then please try to contact the seller to ask for a refund since ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 5.

Dorman
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

I would like you to check this sticky post and see if the device you bought matches https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46440/rog-phone-5-tencent-edition-with-global-international-r...

If that's the case then please try to contact the seller to ask for a refund since ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone 5.

View post
Thanks for the replay.. as far as i know, and understand my phone is not Tencent variant or something like that.. just a normal Asus rog phone 5 sent from China to Israel