This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device(ROG Phone 5s) doesn't connect to cell tower and randomly shuts off.

Praveen20224
Star I

Model Name: ROG Phone 5s
Firmware version: 33.0210.0210.242
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time

I had bought this phone in the month of March 2022. I started having issues connecting to the mobile network  from past this wee . At first I thought it was due to a faulty sim card as it showed that the sim is present in the mobile , later I realized that there was indeed something wrong in my phone. Along with it, my device sometimes randomly shuts down (most of the time) or restarts by itself. Both these problems have been occurring at the same time. I had already replaced the motherboard once under warranty because some water had gotten inside. Since then, I have taken extra care of my mobile. I maintain healthy charging practices and also set the charging limit 90% . No other issues.

PS: I have already given it to a authorized ASUS dealership and the said that they have already fixed the issue.
ASUS Service No=A2204000911-0021

7 REPLIES 7

Praveen20224
Star I

Someone please help me out. Is anyone else facing the same issue?. I am not understanding and don't know who to trust . Is this is a software issue or something else?
Your replies are very much appreciated.

I have the same problem just this past week ROG 2, A11, version 18.0210.2111.190. Planned to factory reset but will wait if someone replies a solution here. I just keep it plane mode to avoid scanning for network, otherwise it will keep on restarting.

I have already tried factory resetting and even the service center technician had factory reset my mobile.
But no luck !!!!

Praveen20224
Star I

Update : Now it restarts almost every half hour. Fingerprint biometric doesn't work that well now.

@Anand633 
@RohitKrishna 
@knightigris 
@den9jkee   @jobyje4

@Falcon_ASUS @AmitGarde @Joshrog5 
I'm really worried that my phone will stop working soon and i don't know what to do.
Please reply and don't let this thread die.