Firmware, most recent version does not mean anything
communicate the version or just the last 4 characters ".xxx"
Also indicate if it is with the 65w charger and the original cable, there are chargers that do not work with the rog5, the system indicates charging and the remaining time, the led lights up but the battery does not charge not.
On the other hand, I never noticed this defect with the original charger.
a simple 20w charger should sufficiently power the rog 5 without using the battery even with games at 144hz, there must have been a bad dialogue between the rog and the charger, try the following points.
- Check if there is a firmware update in the system parameter.
- switch off the rog 5 and switch on again (completely, Power OFF - ON)
- Disconnect the usb cable from the rog 5
- Unplug the charger from the 220v (or 110v) socket depending on your country
- Reconnect your charger to the power supply after 30 seconds
- Connect the Rog 5 to the charger
- Relaunch your games with load bypass enabled
The best way to check is with a battery between 50% and 80%, after several hours of games the battery charge should be the same, it can even be higher if the game displays advertisements or if you switch to another application. to take a call or message.