Dejavu
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog5
Firmware Version: Android 12 1.1.212
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
1) Pocket mode gets auto activated while gaming
2) Front camera video recording auto shakes a lot when video stabilisation is on
3)Gps does not show the direction which i am pointing ,it just keeps on rotating
4) Finger print icon stays one the screen even after verification
I have attached the video of the errors below

Requesting Developers to rectify these issues in the next update
6 REPLIES 6

FunBike31
Community Legend I
The Firmware version is in settings, system, about phone, the wording that starts with ww_31., so give all the other numbers, because once you give Android 12 1.1.212 and in another post v02.01.01.17 , none correspond to an update version.
Turn off your phone completely, then turn it back on and redo the tests and give more precision
Video, the device is held in the hand or it is fixed on a support
GPS, map is crap to test a gps, moreover you do not indicate if it is you who makes the map turn or if it is the map that turns by itself.
Install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=fr&gl=US
get the GPS FIX and look at the compass screen, is it fixed or does the compass turn on its own.

If it continues, it's like there is something on the screen that presses, like a drop of water, if it's clean, the device has been restarted and it's still the same , it is either the LCD or a sensor that is defective, therefore, ASUS service center for repair.

Dejavu
Star I
Thank you for the info
1) After downloading gps fix, compass rotates on its own
2)Device held in hand while taking video
3)Firmware version ww_31.0810.1226.139
4)Maps turn by itself
5)Any idea why pocket mode gets activated while gaming?

FunBike31
Community Legend I

To refine the problem, if you have a non-original shell, remove it, then you can try entering .12345+= and test the sensors
and/or install AIDA64, turn off and on the rog 5 and post a screen of the probe screen.
but I think the magnetic sensor is HS
the most likely cause is a loose solder or water damage.
No idea for the pocket mode, probably a consequence of the failure or another failure of a sensor, which suggests your other problems.

Dejavu
Star I
Thank you for the info