ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106151
Rooted or not: rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all games
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hey all,
I have a Bose AE2 Soundlink headset and while everything works great while watching videos / listening to music I have a really noticeable delay/latency while gaming. It feels like 1-2s. When I slash swords in medival games the sounds mostly starts after the animation is finished, when I press buttons the "button press sound" starts when the new "view/menu" is rendered.
It's the issue in every game. I also tried different Bluetooth devices but it's the same for all I own.
Things I tried so far
factory reset
remove games from Armory Crate
change several settings / refresh rates / X - Mode
try different games / install games not from play store
I use the same Headphone as with my old phone and it's all fine with my 4 year old OnePlus 5.
Do you have the same issue or is there anything you can suggest?
3 REPLIES 3

ghyzriellgalez0
Rising Star II
ZT-6ba223c6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG 5 Ultimate
  2. Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106151
  3. Rooted or not: rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all games

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hey all,

I have a Bose AE2 Soundlink headset and while everything works great while watching videos / listening to music I have a really noticeable delay/latency while gaming. It feels like 1-2s. When I slash swords in medival games the sounds mostly starts after the animation is finished, when I press buttons the "button press sound" starts when the new "view/menu" is rendered.

It's the issue in every game. I also tried different Bluetooth devices but it's the same for all I own.

Things I tried so far

• factory reset
  • remove games from Armory Crate
  • change several settings / refresh rates / X - Mode
  • try different games / install games not from play store

I use the same Headphone as with my old phone and it's all fine with my 4 year old OnePlus 5.

Do you have the same issue or is there anything you can suggest?

Bluetooth audio latency while gaming
Also have the same issue when playing gaming, especially with codm.,,

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Bose AE2 Soundlink does not support APTx, in headphone mode it is in SBC, it is the oldest Bluetooth codec with the lowest bandwidth and highest latency.
It is possible that the ONE 5 is an optimization with SBC and that it is with 180-200ms which is the lowest in SBC
For me, even the APTX Low Latency (40ms) is still too high and there are less than 40 compatible headphones, I have no suggestions, one of my criteria was the obligation to have a jack, precisely for Games.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
So this isn't something that will change unless I buy a new headset?
Really strange I had not expect this from a 1000€ phone to be honest. How can a 5 year old phone handle audio better than a gaming device?
I mean 500ms would be fine for me but it's more like 1-2 seconds