Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi & Hotspot is not turning on

Rajib18aug
Star II

Model Name: ROG 3

Firmware Version: WW-31.0210.0210.258

Rooted or not: Not Rooted

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Wifi & Hotspot is not turning on 

Wifi & Hotspot is not working suddenly from yesterday, tried restarting the device and also resetting the network, nothing helps. Kindly help to resolve the issue.

13 REPLIES 13

@Rajib18aug 

If you have done all the troubleshooting steps, it is recommended that you contact your local service center for more guidance. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

jsr1112
Star I

Any solution to resolve wifi issue with Rog phone 3? I've done factory reset, but issue still persists. 

keren_ASUS

Hi @Rajib18aug 

I'm so sorry to hear about these issues! 

Can you try to do a factory reset to see if the issue persists? 

@jsr1112 Can you try to reset your wifi/network settings? Thank you! 

Hi @keren_ASUS 

I tried all possible ways, like factory reset, downgrading to Android 11, SMMI test, but it doesn't work even now. What i noticed is, sometimes when I restart my phone, it connects to wifi, but that happens only sometimes. Not always. I don't know what causing it to not connect most of the times. Nothing wrong with the router as other devices connects continuously. 

petergroft29
Star II

Solution 1. Run Network Adapter Troubleshooter
Type Troubleshoot in the search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
The PC will then start checking for possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.

Solution 2. Change Adapter Settings
Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
Press Win+I to open Settings and go to Network and Internet.
Scroll down the left pane and select Mobile Hotspot.
Go to Related Settings and click on Change Adapter Options.
Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right-click, and go to Properties.
Open the Sharing tab and uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”

Greetings,
Peter