Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

TaeSeong
Star I
so we just have to wait next OTA???
wtf...

I want see netflix HD ㅠ.ㅜ.

reuben4k
Star III
I had this issue before and they replaced my device. Now after being fine for a good 2 months, it has gone from level 1 to 3. This is unacceptable from a supposedly premium smartphone.

TaeSeong
Star I
reuben4k

I had this issue before and they replaced my device. Now after being fine for a good 2 months, it has gone from level 1 to 3. This is unacceptable from a supposedly premium smartphone.

View post
so what can I do?
i have to go to a asus service center
for my security level 3 to 1 ??

reuben4k
Star III
I got level 3 after netflix did not open. I got the error: Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again. I tried opening twice and then closed the app and then it finally opened, then I checked to find my widevine level had gone from 1 to 3. @Anders_ASUS s_ASUS could this issue be directly related to netflix?

Shane_Fernandes
Star II
@Anders_ASUS @Gustav i have two rog phone 3 at my house both on the latest ww. 99....

one of the device has downgraded security of l3 where as the other still stands at l1... both the devices are stock and have not been unlocked.

what is happening...??? it is not fair to get the consumer go to the service centre for this to get it fixed by flashing the device and loosing data... as some of the post clearly state that even after that either the service centre has not been able to fix it and if they do it has again been downgraded to l3... this is certainly a bug that u guys need to answer to and service centre should not be the only solution.... even oneplus had the similar issue which was fixed by an fota update... Something needs to be done...