This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen recording caps refresh rate at 120hz.

Craven
Rising Star II
Please whoever is in charge of the software, i always have my screen set to 144hz but when I turn on the screen recorder while gaming, the refresh rate is brought down and locked to 120hz. Why?
7 REPLIES 7

Craven
Rising Star II
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114089#Comment_114089

Have you seen this kind of feature anywhere where recording frequency is higher than source frequency?

View post
Not really sure what you mean. All I'm saying is I am ok with the screen recorder recording even in just 60 fps as long as it's not gonna change the refresh rate while I game and record at the same time. Most online video platforms don't even allow 120hz streaming so what's the point. 60 fps video output is enough.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III

Craven

Please whoever is in charge of the software, i always have my screen set to 144hz but when I turn on the screen recorder while gaming, the refresh rate is brought down and locked to 120hz. Why?

Screen recording caps refresh rate at 120hz.
144fps recording takes to much performance. This is why it's limited to 120hz.
About you request to record with another frame rate so we don't limit the current refresh rate. I don't know if it's possible. It probably is but I don't know it it's possible without any drawbacks. I will propose your suggestion to our devs

Craven
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35580/screen-recording-caps-refresh-rate-at-120hz

144fps recording takes to much performance. This is why it's limited to 120hz.

About you request to record with another frame rate so we don't limit the current refresh rate. I don't know if it's possible. It probably is but I don't know it it's possible without any drawbacks. I will propose your suggestion to our devs

View post
Thank you. I would have considered using other 3rd party screen recorders like mobizen but the one in game genie is more convenient. Plus, I don't have to install anything so I'll have a cleaner app drawer.