This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

ETL
Star I
Please help. I updated my phone yesterday (bybass charging). After the update, a password is needed that i don't even know or set. It says that "password is required when you restart your phone". Thank you in advance!
16029695652733062478904112321548.jpg

KKP
Star III
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124898#Comment_124898

Just add the application in which you want to use bypass charging to game genie toolbar

View post
I could see and add prime video and Hotstar apps to game genie, but couldn't see Netflix app in the list to add in game genie. I have all 3 apps in my device.

KKP
Star III
KKP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/125214#Comment_125214

I could see and add prime video and Hotstar apps to game genie, but couldn't see Netflix app in the list to add in game genie. I have all 3 apps in my device.

View post
Never mind... Got the below solution from xda;:

You need to Uninstall the Netflix and Reinstall it in playstore to display in GameGenie.

Reason: bcoz you are using the Netflix app that was included by the firmware when you buy or update the phone so it see's as a System App not User App.

This a fantastic feature!! I Cant wait...!!

PortGie
Star I
CH_ASUS

Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.

1. Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!
Please make VoLTE enable too in Indonesia.. Pleaseee