This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ROG Phone 3] New Feature - Bypass Charging!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all!

With the new firmware update rolling out WW starting from Sep 21 , version below, we are also introducing a new feature in Game Genie

The 'Bypass Charging' feature is added to Game Genie, and can be enabled in-game , to temporarily allow power to the system by plugging in the charger , yet not charge the battery. This feature can prevent system from heavily draining battery while playing games yet avoid the charging of the battery which can in instances introduce extra heat.
Added “Bypass charging” feature in the in-game Game Genie panel. Allows you to power the system without charging the battery.

GLHF!
65 REPLIES 65

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
No its normal YouTube app from Play Store.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
hank_email_is

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121559#Comment_121559

Youtube only shows up to max of what your display supports, which is 1080

View post
Thanks! understood your point.

Hi Asus. This feature is great but there should be a way to use this feature even without gaming. When charger is around and battery isn't needed to be used, there should be a way to bypass it as a usual feature just like in a laptop.

Can we use the bypass charging feature by plugging phone to a power bank????

Aryan202
Community Legend I
emailshafihusain

Hi Asus. This feature is great but there should be a way to use this feature even without gaming. When charger is around and battery isn't needed to be used, there should be a way to bypass it as a usual feature just like in a laptop.

View post
Just add the application in which you want to use bypass charging to game genie toolbar