ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

journeywithme06
Star III
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115694#Comment_115694

As much as I love almost everything else about ROG phone 3.

Black crush is never acceptable part of AMOLED screens, I never experienced it on my Samsung phone or OnePlus 5 and I bet you will never find this issue on apple phones.

So are we going to get a screen repair or replacement or refund ?

View post
True. Not happening on samsung a71 which i bought month prior to buying rog3.

journeywithme06
Star III
Dawgy

It is so sad that even while playing games I can see some black crush. This is my first time to have a flagship phone. I'm not like other people who can easily have this type of phone. It is a gift to me by my parents. Please don't let me down with this issue that I cannot avoid to see with my eyes asus. If this issue could not be fixed then there is zero percent chance for me to buy again future rog phones. Hope this could be fix asus.

View post
Hahahaha feel you... I really did saved money for this. My first too...

GameOjas
Rising Star I
John p

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117278#Comment_117278

bro i just mentioned in my last sentence its hardly there on my phone . it can be noticed if i sit in a pitch dark room but i neither watch nor play in such a dark room . all phones have different levels of black crush and so is the case with op8 pro . although they accepted it there , the mods here are trying to make it better .

View post
screenshot-20200925-000659274.jpg
I never met a single real buyer who will be okay with black crush. OnePlus did the right thing. They offered repair, replace or refund.

gfg59204
Star III
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117378#Comment_117378

I never met a single real buyer who will be okay with black crush. OnePlus did the right thing. They offered repair, replace or refund.

View post
Black Crush issue in OnePlus centered around dc dimming and rog phone 3 not containing dc dimming
The screen in the screen tests appears normal, but in applications the problem appears, I do not have it in all applications and videos only in some, but it is really annoying

gfg59204
Star III
GameOjas

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117378#Comment_117378

View post
Although I am not satisfied with the issue with a $ 1000 phone, the issue did not affect me because I do not like to use the phone while sleeping or in dark rooms.

But I wish a verified publication clarifying this issue. I change my phone annually, but there are people who bought this phone and their salary was equal to 6 months and they buy the phone to use it for 3 to 5 years and now they have a psychological obsession about the black crush issue.