ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

4zmail
Star III
gfg59204

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109788#Comment_109788

I live in arab gulf

And i have

I own a large company that sells phones

Which phone I bring to my company I try it first

When I bought the phone and started using it, I noticed Black Crush, so this phone did not bring my company

Asus: make a usable phone or get out of the phone market

Sorry my English very bad

View post
your english is fine, and you speak more english than I do Arabic, which is a shortcoming of mine.
I thought your last post was really interesting. So you were testing out the phone, as a potential reseller, and deemed the phone unworthy. I'm curious: would you reconsider if Asus re-released the phone, the way that we all expected it to be? Or are you done with Asus?
I was comparing phones when I was notified that you posted. (I haven't been kidding that it's embarassing and makes me angry that ASUS is ignoring the posts here.) I've been looking at Lenovo Duel, Nubia Red Magic 5s, and the Samsungs: Note20 ultra, S20 ultra, and the Flip 2. Not that I want to spend $2000 USD. Or wait. And I'm not so much an early-adopter when it comes to spending $1000-$2000. I want something that will last a while, both in terms of durability, but also in terms of hardware/performance lifespan.
Also looking at Oppo, and Black Shark, but those are probably at the bottom of my list. It is important that I have as many 4G and 5G bands as possible.
GFG: I'm available for correspondence at 4zmail@protonmail.com, if you'd be interested.

4zmail
Star III
Asus is probably going to ban me. But then, they'd have to actually read the posts here.

Starlord
Star III
Starlord

@Titan_ASUS @Admin @Gustav_ASUS @ARP_ASUS

Are we going to hear from you people regarding the black crush issue and the wide colour gamut being disabled???

View post
@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Admin @Gustav_ASUS Waiting for a reply

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Starlord

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109736#Comment_109736

@Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Admin @Gustav_ASUS Waiting for a reply

View post
ROG Phone 3 has never had Wide Color gamut as an option so I wouldn't call it disabled. Instead we have more options. Cinematic is the one closest to Wide Color Gamut. Cinematic is calibrated for the DCI-P3 target and Standard for the sRGB. Default/natural is more our own preference.
I have already replied regarding the black crush issue. We're still tuning and until we're done, there's nothing for me to say. This is why seem quiet to you but I assure you that we read every post in this thread.

jayesh_sugand
Star II
Thanks for your response @Anders_ASUS Could you acknowledge that the black crush issue is indeed a software and not a hardware / panel issue? Most of the people here including me would be relieved if it is made clear publicly that the black crush issue will be resolved once the asus team has completed tuning. At the moment there is alot of frustration since Asus hasn't even acknowledged that and I'm sure many people who are thinking of buying the phone are skeptical because of this black crush problem.