ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

I found a temporary workaround for black crush issue, currently using an app called screen balance and the problem suddenly became negligible. Since it worked for me I am uploading the settings screenshot it may help temporarily.
screenshot-20200904-181709880.jpg

gfg59204
Star III
arijitsarkar1993

I found a temporary workaround for black crush issue, currently using an app called screen balance and the problem suddenly became negligible. Since it worked for me I am uploading the settings screenshot it may help temporarily.

screenshot-20200904-181709880.jpg

View post
This is very embarrassing for me Asus
Some users (who do not have experience a company older than 30 years) using the screen adjustment program from an application store

gfg59204
Star III
gfg59204

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109781#Comment_109781

This is very embarrassing for me Asus

Some users (who do not have experience a company older than 30 years) using the screen adjustment program from an application store

View post
For asus**

4zmail
Star III
gfg59204

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109786#Comment_109786

For asus**

View post
GFG: They seem to be okay with the embarrassment. Or are they too embarassed to reply to anything here?
Because I sure don't get much from their customer service emails. And, I even tried emailing one of their North American Marketing Directors - because apparently marketing wasn't telling the reps when the ROG phone 3 was going to be sold in the US. Or that's what the rep told me. So I said to myself - okay, I'll go straight to the source. Not that I was expecting much.

gfg59204
Star III
4zmail

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/109787#Comment_109787

GFG: They seem to be okay with the embarrassment. Or are they too embarassed to reply to anything here?

Because I sure don't get much from their customer service emails. And, I even tried emailing one of their North American Marketing Directors - because apparently marketing wasn't telling the reps when the ROG phone 3 was going to be sold in the US. Or that's what the rep told me. So I said to myself - okay, I'll go straight to the source. Not that I was expecting much.

View post
I live in arab gulf
And i have
I own a large company that sells phones
Which phone I bring to my company I try it first
When I bought the phone and started using it, I noticed Black Crush, so this phone did not bring my company
Asus: make a usable phone or get out of the phone market

Sorry my English very bad