Mostwanted
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Asus
I've been using Asus Phones from the past 8-10 yrs. Zenfone 2, 2 Max, 2 Selfie, 3 and now ROG 3.
none of the above mentioned devices ever got this feature or an Update enabling Video Calls Over VOLTE.
I Request Asus Officials to work on it and enable this very important feature to its every devices.
this feature is missing in all your devices.
10 REPLIES 10

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Mostwanted

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2102.143
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Call

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi Asus

I've been using Asus Phones from the past 8-10 yrs. Zenfone 2, 2 Max, 2 Selfie, 3 and now ROG 3.

none of the above mentioned devices ever got this feature or an Update enabling Video Calls Over VOLTE.

I Request Asus Officials to work on it and enable this very important feature to its every devices.

this feature is missing in all your devices.

No Video Call Over VOLTE Network from Dialer app
These days most of the third party apps have video calling option with it and many users prefer those as very convinent & faster way to connect with video calls so even if this feature is enabled there are really very few users who will make full use of it as use of this feature totally depends on device to device support where there are very few brands to enable it so most users will prefer third party to get the work done also ZENUI 6/7 are really very closer to give users stock like experince and fully follows pixel path.So for now this is not a much prioritised feature to get it enable hard & fast.
Here is another response releated to same query from a mod i hope that helps 👇
screenshot-20210402-124240673-281-29.jpg
I hope you understand.
Thanks!

Mostwanted
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46619/no-video-call-over-volte-network-from-dialer-app

These days most of the third party apps have video calling option with it and many users prefer those as very convinent & faster way to connect with video calls so even if this feature is enabled there are really very few users who will make full use of it as use of this feature totally depends on device to device support where there are very few brands to enable it so most users will prefer third party to get the work done also ZENUI 6/7 are really very closer to give users stock like experince and fully follows pixel path.So for now this is not a much prioritised feature to get it enable hard & fast.

I hope you understand.

Thanks!

View post
Well if you don't use that specific feature doesn't mean every Asus Phone user don't use it.
I've been using Asus Phones for a decade and these silly broken features were always present in Asus Phones they just don't want to fix things all they do is give you an update with Bugs.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Mostwanted,
I am not sure how you define a decade. Zenfone 2 released somewhere around 2016.
VoLTE means Voice over LTE
ViLTE means Video over LTE
As rightly mentioned by Amit that is the latest information and after analyzing all the request this decision has been taken

rs00442
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46619/no-video-call-over-volte-network-from-dialer-app

I hope you understand.

Thanks!

View post
Dear ASUS, stop all rubbish. We just want ViLTE. Don't give bullshit reason for single feature. All this is scrap to hide inability to provide. Lol.