Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 3
Firmware Version: .98
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please explain the charging indicator logo meaning
2 lighting beside battery bar= hypercharge
1 lighting inside battery bar= ?
1 lighting and 2 + (plus symbol) inside battery bar =?
20 REPLIES 20

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Gustav_ASUS

@Saifuddin I've passed your question on and I'm waiting for clarification. I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

View post
Any update?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Saifuddin Sorry for the late reply,
Current Icon:  
Normal Adapter:<10W;Icon: ㄣ
Normal Adapter:10W~18W;Icon:ㄣ+
QC Adapter:18W;Icon: ㄣ++  
QC Adapter:30W;Icon: ㄣㄣ
Also, bear in mind that the icon does not necessarily mean that the phone is charging, only that the charger/phone is negotiating protocols. So don't be confused if you have activated slow charging and the status bar is showing two flashes, for example.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Ok , thanks for the information
Really appreciated implementation of this indicators😁

ToM_M
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@Saifuddin Sorry for the late reply,

Current Icon:  

Normal Adapter:<10W;Icon: ㄣ

Normal Adapter:10W~18W;Icon:ㄣ+

QC Adapter:18W;Icon: ㄣ++  

QC Adapter:30W;Icon: ㄣㄣ

Also, bear in mind that the icon does not necessarily mean that the phone is charging, only that the charger/phone is negotiating protocols. So don't be confused if you have activated slow charging and the status bar is showing two flashes, for example.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS Thank you for your reply, it makes sense now... xD
I have few questions regarding this matter and I appreciate it if you can answer them.
Is that normal that when I connect the charger (the original QC 30W) to the phone it first showing the ㄣ++ icon and after a second or two it changing to the ㄣㄣ icon?
So the protocol is not changing while using the slow charging method? it's still using the 30W for charging the phone? what is changing than?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ToM.M You shouldn't worry about that if you end up on two flashes after a second. As for your second question, it simply means that it has the capacity/potential to charge using 30W. Slow charging should cap it to <10W even though the status bar is showing two flashes.