cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen replacement

botboy444
Zen Master I
ANOTHER device to add to the list of screens broken for no reason

already contacted support, they advised to contact the place of purchase (not how it works in Australia but okay) and then go from there

Long story short, how much is a screen replacement in Australia for the Rog Phone 3?

again, I've already contacted support and they wouldn't give me an answer, even a ball park figure would be good
9 REPLIES 9

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@botboy444 You can try contacting the nearest service center and ask them for an estimate.

botboy444
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

@botboy444 You can try contacting the nearest service center and ask them for an estimate.

View post
i gave them a call and they advised to contact the place of purchase,

Who ever i spoke to on the phone refused to give me a price on a screen replacement, would you happen to know a rough estimate?

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Don't you believe the quotes posted above??

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
botboy444

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/169714#Comment_169714

i gave them a call and they advised to contact the place of purchase,

Who ever i spoke to on the phone refused to give me a price on a screen replacement, would you happen to know a rough estimate?

View post
Those screens dont break for no reason. They always have a reason to break, since they are hard OLED's as far as I can tell they arent very shock resistant and can crack more easily than soft OLED's, but they certainly dont break just by looking at them. I suppose it's a little ironic because the rog3 is so sturdy like a brick that it might be more susceptible to shock damage than other phones. I strongly recommend cases that absorb shock, that way your rog3 will be much more protected. The phone itself is very much protected against bending and other types of the sort but shock resistancy is quite low on the list.

botboy444
Zen Master I
Roystoys

Don't you believe the quotes posted above??

View post
i do, but i dont trust myself installing it, and im not sure if phone repair people will do it either, but its worth a shot i guess

Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/172546#Comment_172546

Those screens dont break for no reason. They always have a reason to break, since they are hard OLED's as far as I can tell they arent very shock resistant and can crack more easily than soft OLED's, but they certainly dont break just by looking at them. I suppose it's a little ironic because the rog3 is so sturdy like a brick that it might be more susceptible to shock damage than other phones. I strongly recommend cases that absorb shock, that way your rog3 will be much more protected. The phone itself is very much protected against bending and other types of the sort but shock resistancy is quite low on the list.

View post
ive got the lightning case on it at the moment, i cant seem to find any otterbox like cases