This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blur spots in middle of every wide angle photo.

Not applicable
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version:ww.17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: evey time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera 7.4.17.0
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I tried clearing camera storage and also tried safe mode but nothing happens.
16157343291446762028177731138020.jpg

72 REPLIES 72

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markovo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160282#Comment_160282

It's not true. The focusing distance scales the blur. I am sorry I can't show you examples right now, but i've seen this hundreds of times with many lenses. It can't be helped, nor software can fix it. You will see in time.

View post
Wrong because the ultrawide has no focus

markovo
Rising Star I
No, it has fixed focus. It has multiple lenses that provide this focus. Moving one of the lenses will end in unfocused image. This behavior is very well known on wide angle lenses and unfortunately I have a Samyand 14mm lense that has the exactly same problem. I will dig it and take some photos for you to see. Hope I'll find it.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markovo

No, it has fixed focus. It has multiple lenses that provide this focus. Moving one of the lenses will end in unfocused image. This behavior is very well known on wide angle lenses and unfortunately I have a Samyand 14mm lense that has the exactly same problem. I will dig it and take some photos for you to see. Hope I'll find it.

View post
Check the rog3 teardown video from jerryrigeverything and then tell me how exacly a drop would acomplish that.

markovo
Rising Star I
There is no need a drop to be present for the lenses to misalign. My Samiang 14mm just got the blur one day and it was never dropped or hit. My ROG 3 started experiencing this issue after I dropped it, but that's not necessarily the cause. You see, phone camera lenses are so small and the slightest 1 micron misalignment could cause troubles. Now I am reviewing my old ultrawide photos with the ROG 3, and there is a slight blur in every one of them. The blur spot just got bigger with time.

Please, take some landscape photos of a distant objects with your ROG 3 and post them here.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markovo

There is no need a drop to be present for the lenses to misalign. My Samiang 14mm just got the blur one day and it was never dropped or hit. My ROG 3 started experiencing this issue after I dropped it, but that's not necessarily the cause. You see, phone camera lenses are so small and the slightest 1 micron misalignment could cause troubles. Now I am reviewing my old ultrawide photos with the ROG 3, and there is a slight blur in every one of them. The blur spot just got bigger with time.

Please, take some landscape photos of a distant objects with your ROG 3 and post them here.

View post
Look at your keyboard photo, notice how the middle is still blurred? I'm quite sure what is actually happening here is a glitch in the processing. Remember ultrawide lenses distort and there is software that does distortion correction, I believe this is simply the processing that does this.
i did actually notice something, all who say their pictures are blurred shoot at full reoslution, while those who have no problem set it on 16:9 resolution.