Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto Not Working on Rog Phone 3

Ignasiusricky
Star I

1. Model Name : Asus Rog Phone 3 Tencent Edition

2. Firmware Version : 31.0210.0210.258

3. Rooted or Not : Not

4. Frequency of Occurrence : Since I got my Rog Phone 3 Tencent edition I have never been able to get Android Auto to work on my car. Firstly, my car has Android Auto, it works with every other brand of phone so I know its not the car.
When I connect phone to car by cable (tried many many cables) it says failed to connect to device, the USB Debugging is always stuck on no action. Even changing this to File Transfer or other options nothing works.

5. App Name & App Version : Android Auto Version 8.6.625054-release Jan 11 2023, Headunit Pioneer DMH-A4450BT

#pioneer #ASUS ROG Phone 3

3 REPLIES 3

petergroft29
Star II

To use Android Auto your phone must be running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher. It is recommended that your device is running the latest possible version for the best performance. Find out what operating system your device is running.
If your phone isn't charging when connected to your car using a USB cable, check that there is no dust or debris in the USB port as this can prevent data transfer.
Make sure that your phone and apps have been updated. Find out how to check for operating system updates and how to update your apps.
Your phone connection must allow data transfers for Android Auto to function. When your device is connected using a USB cable, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the notification from the Android system. Select the option that allows for file transfer.

Greetings,
Peter

willjoe2442
Star III

If you can't connect, try unplugging the USB cable and reconnecting it again. If possible, try restarting your car's infotainment system, then try to connect again. If Android Auto has previously worked with your device and car, it is likely that the problem is with your cable.

Regards,

Will

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.