Did you mean: 

2 major things

gugul
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3
Firmware Version: 18.0410.2102.107
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: has been occuring since the birth of this device.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System UI and every other app which is related with showing some dark colours.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
At this point, I don't even know whether I'm being impatient or everyone else is being very patient. It's been 8 months and I'm still waiting for the black crush/colour banding/red tint fix. It's getting frustrating now. What's more frustrating is lack of communication. Mods don't care to let us know what's going on and if the work is in progress or there's an ETA of when this is going to get fixed. 

It's very difficult to watch a movie which has lots of dark scenes in it. Leave alone movies, sometimes it's even impossible to set a wallpaper which has a dark gradient which is not completely black. Just be upfront about the solution. Whether this issue will be fixed or not. 

A single guy solved this issue bypassing whatever obstacles were there set by pixelwork and he had been constantly telling about his progress throughout the process. At the end everyone was happy to see that it can be solved indeed. 

Another frustrating thing is ignorance. I've seen one of the mods asking people whether they're on the latest software and if the issue still persists then take the device to service center which is absolutely rubbish. It isn't helping by any means. The issue is not going to be solved by taking the device to service center. 

Just be upfront about the roadmap or ETA so that those who can't wait will root the device and use the fix else we will be on our own. Just keeping us in a limbo isn't helping. During these tough times, watching movies somehow gives a bit of relaxation, a feeling of detachment from the outer world and if that experience is not going to be good enough or your eyes constantly getting distracted by those tedious colours on the screen which expresses discontent, then it will get just more and more difficult to deal with the situation. 

Second major thing is lack of volte/vowifi. Many people on this forum have been seen complaining regarding this issue. Especially in india we've hearing that vowifi on Airtel is in progress and soon that feature should kick in. In my opinion it should have been kicked in by now. I've seen the video of Rog 5 on geekyranjit's channel where he was seen using the airtel sim with vowifi feature. So I believe it should arrive very soon nevertheless I could not know what's the timeline range of "soon" for Asus. 

I'm exactly not complaining about the second one but many other people are. Many countries are going to ban the 3g network so it'll be useful for them at least they should get VoLTE which I believe will actually arrive soon. But my main complaint is regarding the infamous Black crush/colour banding. It's indeed getting frustrating. So please mods, at least let us know about the progress of the solution for this problem. 

@Gustav_ASUS @TITAN
23 REPLIES 23

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
@gugul

It's our mistake who beleived and bought such a phone from the brand. Noone to be blamed for. There are many supporters of ASUS in the forum who blindly fight for them. It's our mistake who have bought the phone and we have to suffer for our mistake.

Biggest learning is not to repeate the mistake again by trusting such a brand.

All other companies are able to fix issues and release updates for their flagships and mid range phones are but we are still stuck in older version of andriod with bugs. We have only 2 options - either sell or suffer.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
gugul

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0410.2102.107
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: has been occuring since the birth of this device.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System UI and every other app which is related with showing some dark colours.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

At this point, I don't even know whether I'm being impatient or everyone else is being very patient. It's been 8 months and I'm still waiting for the black crush/colour banding/red tint fix. It's getting frustrating now. What's more frustrating is lack of communication. Mods don't care to let us know what's going on and if the work is in progress or there's an ETA of when this is going to get fixed. 

It's very difficult to watch a movie which has lots of dark scenes in it. Leave alone movies, sometimes it's even impossible to set a wallpaper which has a dark gradient which is not completely black. Just be upfront about the solution. Whether this issue will be fixed or not. 

A single guy solved this issue bypassing whatever obstacles were there set by pixelwork and he had been constantly telling about his progress throughout the process. At the end everyone was happy to see that it can be solved indeed. 

Another frustrating thing is ignorance. I've seen one of the mods asking people whether they're on the latest software and if the issue still persists then take the device to service center which is absolutely rubbish. It isn't helping by any means. The issue is not going to be solved by taking the device to service center. 

Just be upfront about the roadmap or ETA so that those who can't wait will root the device and use the fix else we will be on our own. Just keeping us in a limbo isn't helping. During these tough times, watching movies somehow gives a bit of relaxation, a feeling of detachment from the outer world and if that experience is not going to be good enough or your eyes constantly getting distracted by those tedious colours on the screen which expresses discontent, then it will get just more and more difficult to deal with the situation. 

Second major thing is lack of volte/vowifi. Many people on this forum have been seen complaining regarding this issue. Especially in india we've hearing that vowifi on Airtel is in progress and soon that feature should kick in. In my opinion it should have been kicked in by now. I've seen the video of Rog 5 on geekyranjit's channel where he was seen using the airtel sim with vowifi feature. So I believe it should arrive very soon nevertheless I could not know what's the timeline range of "soon" for Asus. 

I'm exactly not complaining about the second one but many other people are. Many countries are going to ban the 3g network so it'll be useful for them at least they should get VoLTE which I believe will actually arrive soon. But my main complaint is regarding the infamous Black crush/colour banding. It's indeed getting frustrating. So please mods, at least let us know about the progress of the solution for this problem. 

@Gustav_ASUS @TITAN

2 major things
About volte, i think they are gonna enable volte all over the world in upcoming updates as what i have seen on internet i dont know how reliable that information was but atleast i have read it , no info about vowifi
About black crush , i'll say no comments anymore
Just one Advice , wait still stable A11 before unlocking your device , dont keep high hopes but just maybe you know maybe they bring something on the table
But as i say dont keep hopes , just accept that you have to live with messy screen for one more month or so coz A11 is near and if that doesn't fix anything , then you can unlock if you want to, but hey this is just my suggestion what to do and what not to do is you choice abd you are free to make one

gugul
Rising Star II
sudhi.k

@gugul

It's our mistake who beleived and bought such a phone from the brand. Noone to be blamed for. There are many supporters of ASUS in the forum who blindly fight for them. It's our mistake who have bought the phone and we have to suffer for our mistake.

Biggest learning is not to repeate the mistake again by trusting such a brand.

All other companies are able to fix issues and release updates for their flagships and mid range phones are but we are still stuck in older version of andriod with bugs. We have only 2 options - either sell or suffer.

View post
Can't do anything to that😂😂..let's hope they provide the fix at least.

gugul
Rising Star II
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47727/2-major-things

About volte, i think they are gonna enable volte all over the world in upcoming updates as what i have seen on internet i dont know how reliable that information was but atleast i have read it , no info about vowifi

About black crush , i'll say no comments anymore

Just one Advice , wait still stable A11 before unlocking your device , dont keep high hopes but just maybe you know maybe they bring something on the table

But as i say dont keep hopes , just accept that you have to live with messy screen for one more month or so coz A11 is near and if that doesn't fix anything , then you can unlock if you want to, but hey this is just my suggestion what to do and what not to do is you choice abd you are free to make one

View post
Isn't it how we've been using our devices since the beginning?? By accepting it that we're stuck with the messy screen, hoping for a fix without unlocking the device. I'd wait happily till the stable a11. In fact I would not write this post, if they were having a proper communication with us.
I mean "soon" doesn't give an idea of when it's going to be implemented. That's the real deal. Be specific with your timelines. We understand that delays happen, and we're okay with the delay too as long as we know this thing is being worked on.
Anyways let's see what happens. Else I'll ask you to help me on telegram with the unlocking stuff.