Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus G15 battery drain issue

Ponczysuaw
Star I

Windows 11 Home 64-bit, 22H2, BIOS GA503RM.313

Hi, 

i have an issue with battery drain when laptop is shut down and plugget out. 

Nothing is pluged in (no mouse, keyboard, etc.). Battery drained systematically about 3-5% a day. When i dont use it more than a week, than laptop is dead and have to recharge the battery. 

All drivers are updated, Windows, Bios, Armoury Create, MyAsus. 

MyAsus does not see any issue. 

I followed all instructions in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043914 and https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038475 and did not help. 

I tried other methods, like turn off "Windows fast start" but still nothing. 

I cant disable power delivery on USB, because it is not able in bios settings. 

I contacted with tech support (case number E23050011099-0002), but the told me "this is normal", but does not that high battery drain! 

My friend have Asus ROG Strix and does not have such issue. 

It seems for me like factory defective battery. 

What can i do to solve this problem? 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

Well ... syptoms are the same as your ones ... I have 10-12% / 24h battery drain 😞

I have tried to send  my laptop to Asus service two times in Poland but it looks like they do not want to notice this problem and confirm it. Every time they write in service report they can not reproduce symptoms.

When laptop cames back from service after week it is always completely dicharged ... but service can not reproduce symtoms ... pathetic 😞

Definitly it is not a professional approach and treat of clients.

Shame for Asus ... at least ... Asus Poland.

I have tried all technical "methods" you mentioned in your first post.

I also tried do switch off SSD in "bios" in order to bo sure to "switch off" all windows processes - battery drain decreased form 10-12 to 5-6% per day. I'm also almost sure that the problem is on laptop's hardware/software side and not battery itself thanks to "80% test".

Asus global confirmed that battery drain above 3% means laptop's failure (up to 2% is acceptable by them which is against laptop user manual by the way) ... but the problem in my case is that Asus Poland service does not want to notice /confirm so huge battery drain in my laptop. All I can do is to warn potential clints.

Now the laptop is in service for the third time (sent by shop this time) ... but I'm afraid Asus service Poland will not solve the problem again 😞

Best regards,

Greg

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.