System: TUF F15 2021
Battery or AC: AC
Model:
Frequency of occurrence: Often
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi,
Almost every other turning on the laptop, it gets stuck on Windows booting. Normally, after the Asus logo appears, the Windows' dot ring spins and after a while, Windows resumes loading. However, in this case, the dots don't appear and the Asus logo remains indefinitely. The only solution is to force shut down the laptop by holding its power button. The Windows boots normally next time I turn on the laptop (but has a very high chance of that happening again the time after it).
Other info:
In all cases, the laptop is shut down via Start Menu before turning it on.
This has been occurring almost since I bought it in April.
Anyone knows what's happening? Is it a Windows issue or laptop's?
4 REPLIES 4

GEEK_ASUS
Rising Star II
Hi there,
Please try to update BIOS and Windows Update to the latest version.
You may refer to below link to find the latest verions BIOS.
2021 ASUS TUF Gaming F15|Laptops For Gaming|ASUS Global
Thank you.

Pabasus
Star I
Thank you. I thought I had updated it.

Pabasus
Star I

GEEK_ASUS

Hi there,

Please try to update BIOS and Windows Update to the latest version.

You may refer to below link to find the latest verions BIOS.

2021 ASUS TUF Gaming F15|Laptops For Gaming|ASUS Global

Thank you.

View post
It looks like the laptop waited for me to write the previous comment and then laugh at my face by messing the boot again 😄. I suspect the reversal is due to a Windows update two days ago but can be a coincidence (the listed updates were for Bluetooth and and Windows Intelligence). By the way, I also noticed that Windows has a hard time connecting to my online storage drive. For the few days that the laptop was booting normally, I connected to the drive as fast as I clicked on it after Windows start; but before and after that period, I sometimes needed to wait minutes until the drive becomes available.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.