ander5151
Star I
Model: ZE551KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 202c10_10.0.0_170328
Frequency of Occurrence: always
Rooted: No
APP Name: Voice typing

Hi – About a week ago, voice typing (in Messages) stopped working on my ZenFone. It works very occasionally—but usually, when I tap the "microphone" icon, it flashes for a moment and stops. I haven't changed any settings, or updated any system apps. In Settings, Voice Typing is on, and all of my settings look normal. BTW, I couldn't find a "firmware number" in my phone's About section, so I entered the "Baseband version" number here (whatever that means...?) Thanks for your suggestions!
1 REPLY 1

ander5151
Star I
I think I fixed the problem. Here's what I did, in case anyone else has this problem: 1. In Settings > Apps, I stopped the Google App, and tapped "OK" when the phone asked if I wanted to reinstall the original "factory" version of the app. 2. I waited for a minute, then restarted the phone. 3. I went to Google Play Store and updated the Google App with the latest version. (If you have Automatic Updates turned on, this should happen automatically.) 4. When the new version was reinstalled, I restarted my phone again. Voice typing works!