This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming A16 2023/Vivobook 16: Ubisoft Connect crashes upon opening

I have 2 devices, the TUF Gaming A16 Advantage Ed. 2023 (FA617NT), and my Vivobook 16x Ryzen 5K series (M1603QA).

The A16 is newer, has been wiped for a clean installation of Windows due to being an excellent condition openbox. It is up to date, with no corruptions. The Vivobook is slightly behind on Windows updates.

Ubisoft Connect/UPlay fails to run on both laptops, however it manages to inconsistently successfully open to the login prompt *on the older laptop after a couple of tries.* The launcher crashes with the exception 0xc0000409 @ offset 0x020b5290 for all versions up to and including 150.1.0.11037.  Re-installing, opening constantly (on the newer laptop), or compatibility mode changes are all shots in the dark that do nothing.

I did submit a support ticket with Ubisoft Support, but they're notorious for late responses. I mainly am posting here to see if anyone else within either laptop series is seeing the same exception/behavior.

10 REPLIES 10

It only runs in safe mode for some reason, wasted a lot of time reinstalling just to see the same result. It's plainly odd how this is the only thing that doesn't function properly, literally everything else runs as intended.