Star I
System: Latest WIN10
Battery or AC: both
Model: GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Sorry if this question is already solved but cant find anything about it.
How does the manufacturer think to connect an external monitor to this computer from what i have understood so is HDMI socket connected to the (integrated) AMD RADEON processor's graphics card?
So If i want to play games on external monitor which support 165hz+ and get most of my laptop how do i need to wire the connection between then?
Is it USB-C to HDMI the way to go? if that's the case then the following question is that most adapters i found is HDMI 1.4 and in most cases don't handle high refresh-rates so good
what is the idea and what is the best solution in my case, Much obliged!
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
The type C port is connected to the NV card.
Both the maximum resolution and frequency of display export from HDMI and Type C is 3840*2160, 60Hz.
So you can adjust them with the display setting (like in NV control center).
Thank you.

metak
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Both the maximum resolution and frequency of display export from HDMI and Type C is 3840*2160, 60Hz.

Thank you.

View post
that's incorrect have run 4K@120hz from the HDMI out to TV without any problems and Dolby Atmos support. But from USB-C i need to go down in resolution to 1080p to get higher refresh rate must be due adapter that only support HDMI v1.4.
now i use HDMI output connected to one Asus TUF VG259QM and have 240hz runs smooth.
will see if i can found some adapter that support HDMI v2.0+ just to see if there is any difference

metak
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

Thank you.

View post
can't be correct have run 4k@120hz hdmi to tv. But if i want to do the same with NV then i must probably get better adapter that support HDMI v2.0+
run now hdmi out to one asus tuf monitor and have 240hz 1080p.
Will see if i can found some adapter just to se if there is any difference