This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop suddenly turned off and won't turn back on

yunnun
Star I

I have an Asus Dash F15 FX516P and have owned it for almost 2 years. I've used it heavily over the past two years, 2-7 hours almost every day for work/gaming and I always keep it on charge when it's on my desk, which is about 95% of the time. I've run into very minimal problems over the two years I've owned it (only blue screened about 2 or 3 times. But today I was halfway through a match and my laptop screen turned black and the fans shut off immediately, it was still plugged in when this happened. When it turned off the lights under the keys remained on and the light showing the laptops battery was on was white.

After a few minutes of searching online to figure out what was wrong I held down the power button (which the light wasn't turned on) for about 10 seconds then the key lights turned off and the battery light turned off as well. So I took the power cable out and took the bottom off, so I took the battery out and reconnected it. A tiny spark happened when I put the battery back in.

So I put the bottom back on, plugged the power cable in and held down the button for about a minute and it still didn't turn on. I tried for the same amount of time without the cable in and nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and either resolved it or had any other solution? I'm not at all tech savvy so any response may have to use lamence terms. Any help is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS

@yunnun
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Computer Boot Failure or No Display After Boot (Black Scree...

If, after disconnecting peripheral devices for 5-10 minutes and then connecting only the AC adapter, the laptop still cannot power on, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.