This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge my ASUS AC 1200 to DHCP server - How do use windows DHCP server insead using ASUS AC 1200

SypheIT
Star I
I want ta deploy a network as follows, PLEASE HELP.
-Comcast Business Modem(with static IP) Ethernet LAN Port 1 connected to WAN port on Asus Ac 1200 wireless Router -----Windows server 2019 connected to LAN port1 on Asus AC 1200.
- I enabled Bridge Mode on the comcast modem to disable all routing functionality
- I assigned a static IP address on the Asus router and windows server on the same subnet.
- The windows server is supposed to service, DHCP, ADUC,(Active Directory Users and Computers), ADDS( Active Directory Domain Services ), File Server and Print Server.
- I disabled DHCP on the ASUS Ac 1200, I want it to be Just a access point, windows server will do DHCP.
What do i need to configure on the Asus Router to redirect clients(both wired and wireless) to request and receive DHCP from the windows Server, some type of DHCP relay is needed from Asus router to the DHCP server.
Do i need to create a static route on my asus ac 1200 to the Comcast modem for all my internal devices to have internet connection??
do i need to create any routes on the asus to the internal network?

i simply want the ASUS to bridge into my DHCP server and only acts as Access point, DHCP will come from SERVER
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@SypheIT 
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Router questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.
Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.