This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader Unlock 2024

Jbrooo
Star II

Is there any update regarding the bootloader unlock tool? Its been disabled for so long and Asus is taking the piss. What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@Jbrooo
May I ask which model of mobile phone you are using? 

Cryen
Star III

Not sure which model does the OP have but I'm facing the same issue on my ROG phone 3 (I003DD).

I've been waiting for the unlock tool literally for over a year now.

@Cryen
Thank you for your continued support and interest in ASUS products. 
We understand your anticipation for the phone unlock tool and appreciate your patience. We will continue to optimize it to ensure compliance with the latest regulatory requirements. We expect to release an official announcement soon, keeping you informed about our latest developments.
Should you have any other questions or require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are dedicated to offering you support and answers.
Once again, thank you for your understanding and support.

Dear @Falcon_ASUS, you are providing nothing but another one of the shallow PR "announcements".  It has been a year since the tool has been shutdown and let's recap on what has happened since then:

- Based on the regulatory requirements compliance, you've popped on a few topics every once in a while to allow for the same contentless answer over and over again

- Users on XDA found unofficial ways to unlock the bootloader of their Asus phones, at least twice to the extent of my knowledge, and they were both shutdown by Asus in a matter of days

- A fellow Scotsman sued you over getting his phone's bootloader unlocked. Instead of providing *any* news or ability for him to unlock the phone, you gave in and paid him back for reimbursement

So yeah, you "expect" to "release" an "announcement" "soon" is the hopeless attempt of the PR department to buy time instead of self-reflecting and admitting the tool won't ever come back.

Asus, it has been a year now.