This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

Atsumichi
Star I
Hi i also have Asus ROG laptop Strix Scar G733QR with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX and Nvidia RTX 3070 and the stuttering problem as well... Is there any chance we will ever get an updated Bios fix for our laptop? at this point i really concerned that ASUS will just leave us behind since the day i saw the new 2022 version..

Mijshe
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224080#Comment_224080

Thats the least of your problems. Getting actual aegesa on a modded bios working is hard.

View post
Someone posted it is possible because there is a hidden option just to enable/disable the ftpm. But it need hardware.

Mijshe
Star II
Atsumichi

Hi i also have Asus ROG laptop Strix Scar G733QR with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX and Nvidia RTX 3070 and the stuttering problem as well... Is there any chance we will ever get an updated Bios fix for our laptop? at this point i really concerned that ASUS will just leave us behind since the day i saw the new 2022 version..

View post
We are also waiting for it. But it seems ASUS dont give a damn on us. They'll just give you a lot of Bs reason and tell to RMA for "further testing". Which quite funny knowing that AMD already confirm the cause of micro stuttering.

Atsumichi
Star I
Mijshe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224551#Comment_224551

We are also waiting for it. But it seems ASUS dont give a damn on us. They'll just give you a lot of Bs reason and tell to RMA for "further testing". Which quite funny knowing that AMD already confirm the cause of micro stuttering.

View post
I really disappointed how ASUS treated us like this.. But i still hope they will fix this problem, for someone like me that cannot do RMA in here this is really painful especially knowing that this laptop is not cheap.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.