cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Asus Zenwifi ac mini and Asus Zenwifi XD4 Plus work together

chrisvn9400
Star I

Hi.

I have 3 x ZenWiFi AC Mini units in my house and is considering to buy 3 x ZenWiFi XD4 units to expand the coverage. 

I want to know if I can use the two sets together to form one network?

Regards

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @chrisvn9400 ,

according to your question, you can use the ZenWiFi AC Mini and ZenWiFi XD4 units together to form a network. 

Both of these products support ASUS's AiMesh technology, which is a mesh networking technology. 

AiMesh allows you to create a seamless mesh network by combining multiple compatible ASUS routers. 

You can connect the ZenWiFi AC Mini and ZenWiFi XD4 units to the same network and manage them through the ASUS router app or web interface. 

For detailed instructions and information, please refer to the following link:

What is AiMesh and AiMesh Router | ASUS

ASUS ZenWiFi AC Mini(CD6)|Whole Home Mesh WiFi System|ASUS Global

ASUS ZenWiFi AX Mini (XD4)|Whole Home Mesh WiFi System|ASUS Global

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Thank you.

Hi

I purchased the set of 3 XD4 units and tried to hook one up to my network. It detects it and seems to add it, but in my router login, looking at the AI Mesh diagram, I am a bit confused. Shows some clients connected but shows the node as disconnected.  All my nodes are connected to the network via 1Gbps Ethernet connections. All the firmware on the nodes are at the latest versions.

chrisvn9400_0-1721379962721.png

Looking at the mobile app, it appears ok.

chrisvn9400_1-1721380115201.jpeg

Any suggestions?

Regards

Chris

MarkWood21
Star II

@chrisvn9400 wrote:

Hi.

I have 3 x ZenWiFi AC Mini units in my house and is considering to buy 3 x ZenWiFi XD4 units to expand the coverage. 

I want to know if I can use the two sets together to form one network?

Regards

Chris

Yes, you can use ZenWiFi AC Mini and ZenWiFi XD4 units together to form one network, as both support ASUS's mesh technology. Ensure both sets are managed through the same ASUS Router app or web interface and update their firmware to the latest version. Ehall Mobile However, performance might vary due to differing specifications, so configure them optimally to maintain a seamless and efficient network.