This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This network (ASUS_D0_XD5) is not supported by ASUS wireless router QIS Wizard

pmdpmd
Star I

Trying to install AX3000 XD5 first device.  I have tried two different modems on two different broadband providers.  They work fine if I connect directly to them.  When I connect the XD5 and scan the QR code, I always get this error.  If I try the "Manual WiFi connection" option, and connect my iPhone to the ASUS wifi network, then return to the ASUS app, it just intermittently shows a spinner.

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Rising Star II

Try setting the iPhone to connect to the open network on the XD5 first, then open the ASUS Router app to set it up.  (I'm afraid the QR code doesn't always work, or fails to work frequently).

Hi, thank you so much for replying.  I tried what you suggested, connected to the ASUS wifi network first, then when I start the app, I get the usual Setup or Manage options,  I choose Setup and AX device type.  Then I get the "Scan QR Code" screen.  Trying the QR code scan produces the above error, and trying the Manual option asks me to choose the ASUS wifi network and return to the app, but when I'm back in the app, I just see the intermittent spinner.  So I'm afraid I'm still in the same boat

jzchen
Rising Star II

It's been a couple of days...  An idea popped into mind.  On your iPhone turn on Airplane Mode, manually connect to the ASUS SSID_XX (where XX is the two last characters of the router MAC), THEN open the ASUS Router app...

jzchen
Rising Star II

Is it possible to to connect a computer to a LAN port and try to open a web browser to http://www.asusrouter.com 

(typical of non-ZenWiFi is 192.168.50.1)

It should allow set up from a LAN port...