Star I

Hi there,

I am not sure how to find the the username and the password for :

Sign In
RT-AX86U Pro
I would like to mention that the user and pass are not : 
-admin, admin
-the ones from the back of the router
-the name of the wifi+password  ( as when I got the internet connection back in the days I have changed the user name  and the pass from the back of the router. So none of the above works in order to sign in and I don't want to reset the router. 

Please help.
Thanks,
Linda 
1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Linda04 ,

according to your issue, if you are logging into your ASUS router for the first time or have restored your ASUS router to its factory default settings, you need to set up the username and password for logging into the router.
The ASUS router username and password mentioned here are for logging into the ASUS router management interface, and not for the wireless (WiFi) network name (SSID) and password used to connect to the ASUS router.
If you have forgotten the username and password you set, you will need to restore the ASUS router to its factory default settings and then reset the password.
To restore to factory default values: Press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 5 seconds or more. 

Release it when the power indicator light flashes and wait for about 2-3 minutes for it to restore to the factory default settings. 

For detailed steps, you can refer to the FAQ below. 

[Wireless Router] How do I enter my ASUS router's setting page using Web GUI? | Official Support | A...

Thank you.