This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX58U - losing connection

I'm not going to stake my life on the router being my problem but hear me out.

2-3 weeks ago I wake up and internet is 'no access.'  In W11 PC>Network Connections, I right-click on 'WiFi,' and select 'Disable/Enable.'    Network connection returned.  After a few days I had to leave it disabled for 5-10 minutes.  A few more days and it would disconnect during the day.  Two days ago it disconnected and took me 12-14 hrs to get wifi back. Actually, came back on it's own.  Woke up this AM (7A) and wifi was lost.  Just got it back 9:45A - again, on it's own.  Signal strength is currently "Strong."  Even when wifi doesn't work, signal is strong.

When PC shows 'lost access,' Ring network still connected to wifi.  iPad an android phone still connect. 

PC doesn't.  W10 laptop doesn't.  Garage door opener doesn't.  Alexa doesn't.  Maybe others.  All these lose connection and regain connection close to the same time. This is why I don't think the problem is the W11 PC.

Is this a router problem and, if so, how do I resolve this?  If not, how do I troubleshoot?

1 REPLY 1

jzchen
Zen Master I

If other devices along with your PC lose connection, I'm leaning towards router problem as well.  I checked and latest firmware was back in April so unlikely the cause.  Can check the logs under Administration.  Also try to set the router to automatically reboot, say daily.  See if that helps...