This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt-ax58u and android app

thewww
Star I

My ax58u keeps disconnecting when I try to access it from outside my home network from a mobile phone on the android app, it does connect briefly for a few seconds then disconnects then connects again for a few seconds. I have only just upgraded from a n66u which has worked ok for a few years. any suggestions please to cure the problem. The router has the latest firmware and the android app is the the latest version. 

3 REPLIES 3

jzchen
Rising Star II

Have you enabled access from WAN and set up DDNS?

Yes ddns is running and access is enabled in wan , it does connect perfectly within my home network, it just keeps dropping the connection on a connection from my phone via the Internet with the Asus router android app, it stays connected for roughly 10 seconds then drops the connection then reconnects.

jzchen
Rising Star II

You can try this:  Turn off WiFi on your phone.  Then try a web browser and go to the DDNS address and try to log in from there.  If it doesn't drop then likely there's a bug with the app or firmware/BIOS.

EDIT-  You can visit the Web GUI from the app upper left three bar and then bottom option...