This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt-ax58u and android app

thewww
Star I

My ax58u keeps disconnecting when I try to access it from outside my home network from a mobile phone on the android app, it does connect briefly for a few seconds then disconnects then connects again for a few seconds. I have only just upgraded from a n66u which has worked ok for a few years. any suggestions please to cure the problem. The router has the latest firmware and the android app is the the latest version. 

3 REPLIES 3

jzchen
Zen Master I

Have you enabled access from WAN and set up DDNS?

Yes ddns is running and access is enabled in wan , it does connect perfectly within my home network, it just keeps dropping the connection on a connection from my phone via the Internet with the Asus router android app, it stays connected for roughly 10 seconds then drops the connection then reconnects.

You can try this:  Turn off WiFi on your phone.  Then try a web browser and go to the DDNS address and try to log in from there.  If it doesn't drop then likely there's a bug with the app or firmware/BIOS.

EDIT-  You can visit the Web GUI from the app upper left three bar and then bottom option...