This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi Pro ET12 occasionally rejects Wi-Fi password from devices until power-cycled

sfsdfd
Star I

I'm having an odd problem with a ZenWiFi Pro ET12 router and three access points.

All of the units are protected by WPA2/WPA3-Personal with a password. I've configured about 50 devices to login with the password. Occasionally, the router will disconnect a particular device and refuse to allow it to reconnect; every attempt is refused with an "incorrect password" response. Of course, nothing has changed - not the Wi-Fi password, not the settings on the router, not the password on the device, and not the configuration of the device. Re-entering the password, even repeatedly, does not resolve the problem.

In every case, the device remains unable to connect until I reboot the device and/or the router. After doing so, I find that the router again permits the device to reconnect using the saved password.

This problem is not limited to a single device - it has occurred with an Apple MacBook, an Apple iPad, an Apple iPhone, and a Nintendo Switch.

Any suggestions on what may be going wrong and how to prevent the problem from recurring?

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @sfsdfd ,

Thank you for contacting us. Based on your issue, could you please confirm the following:

1.  Whether your router firmware is already updated to the latest version, 3.0.0.4.388_24542? Did the issue occur in previous firmware versions? 
  2. Have you tried using WPA3-Personal? Were you able to connect successfully? 
  3. Have you attempted to reset the router to factory settings? If not, you can refer to the FAQ below. [Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? | Official Support | ASUS Glob...
  4. Can you provide a screenshot of the incorrect password error for our reference? 

Additionally, please provide the feedback log from when the issue occurred. Please follow the steps below to report the issue through the web management interface: 

• Connect your device (PC, laptop, etc.) to the router and open the web management interface (http://router.asus.com/). 
  • Click on "System Administration" and then "Feedback."
  • Fill in your location, email address (required), ASUS service/case number, problem type, and problem description.
  • Please read and agree to the privacy policy and related terms of service.
  • Click "Send" to submit your form.

Please also send us a private message with the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email you used for the feedback report, the time the issue occurred, and the MAC address of the connected device. 

Thank you.