This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX56U Setup as an AIMesh Node Disconnects from RT-AX58U as Primary Router

marcellus305
Star I

I have had the RT-AX56U router setup as an AIMesh Node successfully since purchasing it. Recently, perhaps last week, the Node disconnected. I reset the router and stepped through the AIMesh Node setup process a few times but with the same result.

After rebooting both the RT-AX58U the RT-AX56U connects as an AIMesh Node and then disconnects after about 30 minutes or so.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Log file attached.

6 REPLIES 6

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @marcellus305 ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you set the RT-AX56U as the node and the RT-AX58U as the main router?

Have you make sure that both firmware is at the latest version?

Have you place the AiMesh node between your AiMesh router and the existing dead zone?

If you find the AiMesh node gets bad signal from AiMesh router, please move them closer toward each other.

Also, I did not see the file you attached, seems like you did not attached successfully.

We kindly request you to report the problem through feedback. Please follow the steps below to report the issue through the Web management interface:

• Connect your device (PC, laptop, etc.) to the router and open the Web management interface (http://router.asus.com/) in your web browser.
  • Click on "Administration" and then select "Issue Report."
  • Fill in your location, email address (required), ASUS service/case number, problem type, and problem description. Please read and agree to the privacy policy and relevant terms of service.
  • Click "Submit" to submit your form.

Additionally, please provide the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email used for the feedback report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Thank you.

[AiMesh] How to locate AiMesh router and the node for the best signal? | Official Support | ASUS Glo...

Thanks for your reply but I have always had the RT-AX56U as an AIMesh Node. As already mentioned the disconnect has happened recently.

Firmware

RT-AX58U
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.388_23556-gfef4962

RT-AX56U ( 24:4B:FE:27:83:08 )
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_51665-g8072e52

Factory reset completed at least twice.

Smart Connect toggled on and off with no change.

The connection has been stable since purchasing the AX56U and only recently has it not.

Please find attached the log file as requested.

I have also attached the a screenshot of the AIMesh screen for your reference.

Thanks,

Hi @marcellus305 ,

based on the issue, may I ask whether you're using wired or wireless connection?

Have you try to cross test with other connection?

Also, I did not see the log file only the screenshot can be seen.

If you have report the feedbak log, please provide the product serial number, the time you sent the feedback report, the email used for the feedback report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

1. Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
  2. Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback
  3. Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
  4. Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
  5. Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.

1fed064b-e584-4cd0-ad6d-d1d4e81cff6f.png

Please make sure if you are connected to the Internet. If you are not, you might not be able to submit your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Have messaged privately and the report submission has been completed.