This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX55: No Access to Some URLs

dennyg73
Star II

The router is installed behind a Verizon 5G Home Internet WAN box in "passthrough" mode. I cannot get to certain URLs, including Verizon and ASUS Support unless, I connect via my cellphone hotspot. Is there a setting in the router, either enable or disabled, that may be the possible cause? Is anyone seeing this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

First, I'm a tech and you can bet ALL the "easy solutions" have been tried, including starting with the router in default settings. Thanks for the suggestions ... Once I removed the router from the chain, now using just the Verizon 5G Home Internet box as a router, etc., the problem is gone. So, that would indicate it is a problem on the LAN side, with the router not passing outbound packets, or the Verizon box, not allowing them for some URLs. Verizon Engineering cannot figure it out, either. I have to assume most users of Verizon 5G Home Internet do not have a router behind the Verizon box, otherwise, there would be more requests for support?

Previous Network diagram: WAN > Verizon 5G box > ASUS RT-AX55 > LAN > networked devices

I'm now using a Netgear "switch" in place of the AX55 to connect LAN devices

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Rising Star II

BIOS version?  Is it updated to the latest, or did updating to the latest seem to cause this?

dennyg73
Star II

BIOS was an older version, but updating it did not change anything.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @dennyg73 ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure the router firmware is at the latest version?

You can refer to the following link:
RT-AX55|WiFi Routers|ASUS Global

Have you try to reset the router?

Please follow the steps in the following link:
[Wireless Router] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 1 | Official Support | ASUS Global

Could you please provide a diagram of your current network environment for our reference? 

Have you enabled any parental control features? 

Please reset all settings to default. Thank you.

First, I'm a tech and you can bet ALL the "easy solutions" have been tried, including starting with the router in default settings. Thanks for the suggestions ... Once I removed the router from the chain, now using just the Verizon 5G Home Internet box as a router, etc., the problem is gone. So, that would indicate it is a problem on the LAN side, with the router not passing outbound packets, or the Verizon box, not allowing them for some URLs. Verizon Engineering cannot figure it out, either. I have to assume most users of Verizon 5G Home Internet do not have a router behind the Verizon box, otherwise, there would be more requests for support?

Previous Network diagram: WAN > Verizon 5G box > ASUS RT-AX55 > LAN > networked devices

I'm now using a Netgear "switch" in place of the AX55 to connect LAN devices