cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware: Signature Version: 2.376 2023/10/17 - Filling System Log with errors

Rooke
Star III

Router: RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750); Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.51665 ;
On Tuesday, 2023/10/17, I noticed the entire System Log filled with the same repeating errors, all starting with error: "kernel: dcd/22609: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6." The only difference between the errors is the dcd number.

I checked the Administration menu, Firmware Upgrade tab, and found that the Firmware Signature Version had been updated to "2.376 2023/10/17 09:04" which was a couple of hours before I checked the logs.

After seeing that, I unplugged the Router for a few minutes and plugged it in again and let it boot up.

The errors went away for about an hour then came back. Subsequent (4) power off/on resulted in the same situation.

The errors do not seem to be affecting the router's performance, but the problem needs to be addressed by Asus. Attached is a snippet of the errors.

73 REPLIES 73

I think so too. I'm not broken but some customers are!

jr__
Star I

Added a new Feedback report too -- RT3100 as well.. strangely just started. Flashed the FW back to the latest version.. same errors in the log popping up.

kalle
Star I

I got tired on the router going up and down, so today I bought a non Asus-router.

I will continue to follow this because it is the only thing that is wrong with my Asus-router.

RandyF
Star II

It's interesting to have come across this thread. I was troubleshooting random disconnects from my provider (not sure if it's the router or the provider, but I noticed this same issue in the logs. It will be hard to know if the two are related. It is never good to troubleshoot while another issue persists. 😞

Nov 3 11:15:20 kernel: dcd/2078: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6.

Huuulty
Star I

I'm also experiencing random disconnects since this update. I don't think it is a coincidence. Yey, there is still no ETA for an update...