This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE6600 ET8 6Ghz issue

Cdamania10
Visitor

Hello All, I am facing a weird issue. I have 4 Asus ET8 setup as a route and yhe rest nodes. Back haul via ethernet connected to a gig switch. It use to work perfectly where all the bands were showing. 2Ghz, 5Ghz and 6Ghz and I had my phone connected to the 6Ghz and showing 6E and if I would move around the house it would transfer the phone to different nodes. Recently I started noticing that even though the wifi 6Ghz is enabled only the ET8 that assets as the main router works with 6Ghz the nodes don't work for 6Ghz it will not display it but setting shows that it's enabled and on.  When I go close to the main router ET8 it connects to 6Ghz instantly. Not sure what is happening and my suspension is something was messed up.after a firmware update came thru. Any assistance would be appreciated. I did a factory reset and still the same. 

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Zen Master I

For the ZenWiFi ET8 I noticed there is firmware specific for Version 1.0 and a different one for Version 2.0.  I would suggest checking each unit's SN label, note the Version number, and manually flash the correct firmware for that Version if it is incorrect.  The latest firmware version for each is as listed:

Version 1.0:  3.0.0.4_388_25112

Version 2.0:  3.0.0.4.388_24832

Hello thank you for your reply. I checked all 4 and they are all v1 and had the unit flash them to 3.0.0.4.388_25112

I also tried reverting back to the the prior firmware but the same thing. Not sure what could be the problem. 

It's a really odd issue. 

At this point I would suggest trying a Network/WiFi Analyzer app to try to explore signal strength/verify that the nodes are or aren't broadcasting.

Hello so I checked with the wifi meter and if I move closer to the router I see the 6ghz show up but the farther I move away it goes red. Also the closer I move to other nodes it doesent show anything. The worse part is when I go to the asus app or the web all nodes have the radios on for 2ghz, 5ghz and ghz.