cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-AX3000 Router & ASUS AX6600 Zen WiFi AX

Drew1
Star I

Hi,

I currently own a RT-AX3000 Router and I wanted to increase WiFi in my house, so I purchased the AX6600.  My question is can I continue using my AX3000 Router and use both AX6600s as nodes or do I have to use one of the AX6600s as a router for the other node?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

kevinkar
Star III

I have an RT-AX88U in my upstairs corner-of-the-house office (not the best location to cover the house) which is the router for the house and I have an RT-AC3100 in the living room set as a media bridge on the first floor about 50 feet away and it works fine with streaming 4k content to my 65" TV through a 4k Roku.  It's also hooked up to the BluRay player, the home theater stereo for internet radio and an XBox through the ports on the back.  Our cable internet is only 350Mbps but it works fine for all the high action movies.

So another router as a node/bridge/access point works fine.  It's likely overkill since it's just being used as a link rather than taking advantages of all the router's capability but it's what I have and it works fine.

Your setup should work fine once the two AX6600s are configured properly.

Hi @Drew1 ,

based on your question, you can use the AX3000 router along with two AX6600 routers to extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your home. 

In this setup, you can configure the AX3000 router as the primary router, while the two AX6600 routers can be set up as nodes.

Thank you.