This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RT-AC66U B1 vpn

Doru
Star II

My local home network is connected to internet using Asus RT-AC66U B1. In local network, my Asus router have the IP=192.168.1.1. 

In my local home network I have one computer PC1 with IP 192.168.1.100.

From a second location, I connect another computer, PC2, using OpenVPN client to the Asus RT-AC66U B1.  OpenVPN server on Asus RT-AC66U B1 is configured using interface type TAP,  PC2 get IP=192.168.1.201 (not from DHCP) from the OpenVPN server.

Ping from PC2 (OpenVPN client) to PC1 is working, ping from PC1 to PC2 don't.

No firewall on both computers.

What can I do to achive that ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Doru,

thank you for the update. 

Third-party security software, such as Bitdefender's firewall, may sometimes retain certain settings even if the firewall appears to be disabled. 

If you have any further questions or encounter issues, feel free to reach out. Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jzchen
Rising Star II

Don’t you need VPN from PC1 to router of PC2?

No.  The Asus Router is in home network of PC1.

I have a database DB on PC2. PC2 is a laptop and his owner travel. PC2 connect to home network using mobile data network.

PC2 connect to home network.

After the connection, PC1 need  information from database DB stored in PC2.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Doru ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure that OpenVPN is correctly set up?

Could you provide the screenshot of the setting?

Also, kindly provide the RT-AC66U B1 log.

You can submit a feedback form Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
1.Connect your device to your router and log in to Web GUI(http://www.asusrouter.com)
2.Find “Administration,” and tap “Feedback”
3.Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No.(not required),Select the feedback problem and description.You can also write down comments/suggestions. More details might help us to analyze the issue you have encountered in a faster and more efficient way.
4.Read the agreement and click “I agree.”
5.Tap “Send” to submit your feedback.
Then provide the product serial number, the time of submitting the issue report, the email used for filling out the issue report, and the time when the issue occurred via private message.

Thank you.

Doru_0-1702454346061.pngDoru_1-1702454371258.png

Doru_2-1702454402395.png

I also send feedback

Thank you.