This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ET12 crashing

rsnhakan
Star I

Hi, my Asus ET12 is crashing after a few weeks of use. I have 2 units which are connected through Wireless Backhaul (6GHz). The only way to make it work again is to shut down power, wait a few minutes and power it up again.

I am using the latest software. Why is Asus so late with releasing a new software? The most recent one is more than 6 months old.

My old XT8 was crashing every week, the ET12 is far more stable but still not as it should.

Anyone? Or someone from Asus?

And yes I did reinstall the firmware countless and also did countless resets (via router.asus.com and also via the button on the unit). I stopped with this because a reboot also fixes the problem, but it's still not how a router should work. I can't rely on my network. 

4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Rising Star II

Are you using 3.0.0.4.388.22127 or beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856?

3.0.0.4.388.23013 is the most recent firmware released at 2023/04/13

By far the most stable one, but still not as it should. All the versions before this (even the beta) keep crashing one or more nodes frequently.

But I can't rely on my network when using Asus. I think something happens in the router which causes a crash. Since the main router also crashes sometimes..

My apologies I must have been looking at the XT12 BIOS page not the ET12.  You pose a good question it seems ASUS is not updating firmware in a timely manner, including my AXE16000.  Their newest RT-BE96U appears to have gotten a firmare update most recently on 2023/9/26 but I did not purchase one of those.  It’s quite sad that they haven’t yet released the ROG GT-BE98U, nor GT-BE98U Pro.

Under Advanced Settings -> Administration -> Feedback (tab) you can send a detailed feedback with your concern and hopefully it captures the moment of a crash.  (I believe it records for 12 hours).

Is there no one from Asus here? Thanks for the tip.

But this is a common problem, if you Google at Asus node crashing you find a lot topics..

I think there's a bug in the firmware which causes the memory to overload. That's why my old XT8 had a lot of problems with crashes. The ET12 has double the memory.