Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa (Echo dot gen 5) and RT-AX88U Pro wifi settings

Supermatico
Star III

Hello guys

I'm experiencing a strange issue:

If I keep Echo dot connected with my phone (hotspot), everything always works fine 

If I connect it to my Router wifi, either 5 or 2.4 GHz, it works for 18 hours then it stop responding. If I reset Echo Dot  the story is the same: the day after it's no more working

Considering that Echo dot works fine connected to others wifi, I suppose there is something wrong in my wifi settings that conflict with Alexa hardware but I really don't know what

Anyone had an experience about that?

Tks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Supermatico
Star III

Here attached the 2.4 GHz settings,

let me know, tks

MarkWood21
Star II

@Supermatico wrote:

Hello guys

I'm experiencing a strange issue:

If I keep Echo dot connected with my phone (hotspot), everything always works fine 

If I connect it to my Router wifi, either 5 or 2.4 GHz, it works for 18 hours then it stop responding. If I reset Echo Dot  the story is the same: the day after it's no more working. dollar tree.pro

Considering that Echo dot works fine connected to others wifi, I suppose there is something wrong in my wifi settings that conflict with Alexa hardware but I really don't know what

Anyone had an experience about that?

Tks in advance

Ensure your RT-AX88U Pro router firmware is updated. Adjust DNS settings to Google's (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4), disable IPv6 if not in use, and configure separate SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands to mitigate potential interference causing Alexa Echo Dot connectivity problems after approximately 18 hours of operation.

Hello, the suggested settings are in use since years, few days ago I did an upgrade from VDSL internet connection (56Mbps down, 18Mbps up) to an optic fiber connection and everything seems to be ok

Is it possible that this trouble raise just for an internet speed connection?

Thanks for your time