cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC no crash restart into no video

LauroC322
Star I

Hello,

While gaming I am having problems with random reboots, no crash/error before it happens since I upgraded my cpu/mobo/ram.

PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 A-RGB and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme thermal paste. 

Asus Prime X670E-Pro Wifi

Kingston Fury 2x32GB DDR5 6000

ASUS TUF RX 6800XT

beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 13 1600W

NVMe M.2 WD Black SN750 1TB
NVMe M.2 WD Black SN770 2TB

4 HDDs - WDC WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0 2TB, ST2000NM000A 2TB, ST2000NM000A 2TB, MG04ACA100N 1TB

Ran Windows 10 Pro (updated to Win 11 Pro now, but nothing changed, didn't really expect it to) everything up to date, no new updates, everything up to date in device manager (or well no drivers are missing), latest bios version for my MOBO, this has happened on previous 1 or 2 versions also) GPU drivers are up to date, AMD chipset drivers are up to date from what I can tell.
It is random but has happened while playing Baldurs Gate 3, BeamNG, Armored Warfare and maybe something else I can't remember now.

Has not happened with light loads or lighter games. Sequence of events is pretty much like this every time: Playing a game, all of a sudden everything goes black, the pc and screens (no bsod, no errors just instant like off/black) and then pc starts again by itself boots into windows but with no video on screens and white VGA light illuminated on MOBO. I have to hold power button to shut it down, then turn it on again, boot into windows and when I get in I also get the message in popout window "Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to take effect!". Nothing useful in event viewer from what I can tell, just the previous system shutdown was unexpected or whatever.

Settings in bios are pretty much default. I just did the RAM profile and memory context restore so it doesn't do the memory training every time on boot.

I have manually set SOC voltage to 1.1v as I have read somewhere that it can spike on asus boards and they just put in a thing that it shuts it off if it spikes but that has not helped..

Temperatures are fine,

I have done a memtest before, no errors..

GPU worked fine before I upgraded cpu/mobo/ram in my old setup 8700k, rog strix z370-h 4x8gb g.skill ageis 3000.

I had the corsair 750W power supply in the system and I thought it might be reaching its limit with new components and all the peripherals after 6-ish years of use, but now I have a dark power pro 13 1600W still the same thing, could it still be RAM even tho it passed memtest, or is something going on with CPU or MOBO? Or something completely different?

What to do?

Thanks

Lauro

0 REPLIES 0