cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4 only Mesh node

Ludovicus
Star I

I have the Zen Wifi AX XT8

I am facing the usual problems with some IOT devices: some of the devices can't register in the main network (I have the smart connect option on) - although both bands are emitting.

To address this I have an old router (from the provider actually), which I set to broadcast on 2.4 *only*.... but I have to get rid of this router now ....

I though about buying a 3rd MESH Node... 

Question1:  can I set the mesh node (this 3rd node) to broadcast *2.4 only*?

Question2: which device would you advise, that is compatible with the XT8

cheers!

Luis

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Ludovicus ,

based on your issue, if you have specific devices that can only connect to the 2.4GHz band and are having trouble registering on the main network, adding a third mesh node is a possible solution.

For ASUS router, you can configure separate SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

As for the device that recommand, it is suggest that you check the official ASUS website. And look into the product specification that suits your needs.

Thank you.

[Wireless Router] How to improve wireless speed by setting Channel Bandwidth in Wireless Router? | O...

WiFi Routers|WiFi 6|ASUS Global

Hi!

thanks for the reply. So I can setup 2 nodes to broadcast in smart mode and ONE node with separate networks?

On the second question: I DID go to the site... but I am not sure if all the other mesh systems work with the XT8? do they?

thanks