This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z790-P WIFI won't boot anymore

pjdemmitt
Star II

Z790-P WIFI doesn't recognize NVMe drives on motherboard.  The system was running fine. I tried to boot from a bootable USB drive and when it didn't boot, not really knowing what I was doing, I went into the BIOS and turned off the UFEI password protection of runtime variables, thinking that that would allow the USB to boot. It didn't and the system no longer recognizes the  attached drive that had been booting the system for months. Of course, I changed the setting back to Enabled, but it still won't boot. The drive is listed on the main screen as being present; I can see that it's inthe system, but the boot menu doesn't list it. I'm at a  loss as to how to re-enable this drive. Please help and thank you in advance.

I did take photos of screens in the UFEI.

Paul Demmitt

5 REPLIES 5

I got this from tech support. It solved the problem. I thought you might like to know what finally worked.

We received a response from one of our teams. Please try the troubleshooting steps below and let me know if that will work. Thank you!

Go to BIOS>Advanced>System Agent(SA) Configuration>VMD Setup menu>Map PCIE Storage under VMD>Disabled; Map SATA Controller under VMD>Disaable; F10 to save changes & reset or Exit>Save changes & reset

Now the drives should show up

If not, please go to BIOS>Boot>CSM>Launch CSM>Disabled; ; F10 to save changes & reset or Exit>Save changes & reset

Thank you for all of your help.

Paul