This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z590 Motherboard will only POST with 1 RAM Module in B2 Slot

Randem
Star I

Z590 WiFi GUNDAM Edition Motherboard will only POST with 1 RAM Module in A2 Slot. If I add RAM in the B2 slot the motherboard will not POST. No matter what RAM goes in paired or unpaired the same issue presents. I have asked ASUS but no answer from them.

However if I put RAM in the A2 and A1 Slots the motherboard will POST and show the correct amount of memory. But If I add any more RAM modules the motherboard will not POST. The manual states that the RAM should be in the A2 and B2 slots for Dual Channel but it will not POST with RAM there. Motherboard is rated at 128GB.

I have used 8GB, 16GB and 32GB paired modules ans=d the results are the same. Is there some setting to get the motherboard to run in Dual Channel? Or even with all 4 RAM Modules?

The manual states A2 and B2 but that configuration does not work...

6 REPLIES 6

Hello, @Randem 

Due to the ongoing local holidays in our area, my response time may experience delays.
I apologize for any inconvenience the delayed replies may have caused.
Thank you for your feedback.
However, the memory specifications are already listed as dual-channel memory on the Z590 WIFI GUNDAM EDITION specifications page.

Thank you.

Aloha, Thank you for you response but it is what I had expected, USELESS. Why take so long to give an useless answer. I was very in depth with my post yet the response is very lacking of any knowledge. I know what the QVL list specification  are. It seems that I know more about the ASUS products than anyone who responds. Had a problem with the A520M-Plus board but figured it out for myself. ASUS just kept giving incorrect answers and I am positive that ASUS doesn't know the correction to get that board to work. The manuals are all incorrect with the RAM placements no matter what the specifications.