This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING Problem with Realtek Audio

Zeblackking
Star I

I have no idea what happened but when I woke up my pc didn't have any audio coming through. I've spent a day trying to reinstiall drivers, update, drivers, and i've gotten to the point where I've uninstalled the old audio drivers and then eventually did a fresh restart on my pc. I'm so close to wiping the pc clean or just working on getting a new one.
I've downloaded the drivers from this https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/ . Which is my mother board. i'm on windows 10 64 bit latest version. I no longer have the audio drivers and when I try to install legacy version it causes my pc to blue screen.

4 REPLIES 4

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello @Zeblackking 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
May I ask if this issue occurs after a system or software change, such as a Windows update or changes to the audio software control settings?
If the no sound issue happens with both chassis ports and the rear motherboard panel?
Based on your description, this could be caused by a system setting or a conflict with a software driver.
We recommend checking whether the audio output is still abnormal in Windows Safe Mode.
Safe Mode only loads essential drivers and core components without any third-party software or unnecessary services, which can help rule out software conflicts—especially when drivers or third-party software cause system instability or blue screens.
For the relevant steps, please refer to [Windows 11/10] How to Enter Safe Mode.
You may also try using Reset the system and keep your files, which will remove installed applications and drivers while preserving your personal files, as well as revert any changes made to the settings.

Thank you.

As far as i know there was no updates that happened. I am currently in windows safe mode and the usual realtek drivers are still gone and I can't get sound from any output or audio port on the pc. I have done a fresh reset with the pc and I have reloaded a prior save point in the pc. This is the motherboard i have a "ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING"  and I have tried to download the drivers for audio from https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b450-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download/ 

Realtek will show in programs and Apps but won't under device manager. Under device management in the  Sound,video and game controllers. There is blue snowball (my mic which has been around when the pc worked), Nvida high definition audio which i believe is my Geforce graphic card as it allows me to connect to my monitor to hear. and then Steam streaming Microphone and Speakers. Which i believe is connected to the Steam program. 

hello?

Hello @Zeblackking 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
Based on your description, if you're experiencing audio issues on a freshly installed system before installing any software—including the Steam application you suspect might be causing problems—does the issue persist?
If it's potentially a software conflict, we recommend uninstalling or avoiding the installation of too many applications to help rule out possible causes.
As for "Realtek shows in Programs and Apps but not in Device Manager," apart from an incomplete driver installation, it’s also possible that the device is disabled or hidden, there's a driver or software conflict, or onboard audio has been disabled.
We suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter under Update & Security > Troubleshoot to verify within the system.
In the BIOS, please also check under Advanced to ensure Onboard Audio or a related setting is enabled.
If the issue remains unresolved, try clearing CMOS and resetting the system while keeping your files, rather than reloading a save point.

Thank you.