Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 not recognised. Z790 P D4

ChrisOz
Star I

Hello, 

New Z790 P D4 motherboard and i714700K.
3080ti in the Pcie 4 slot

The m.2_1 slot is not recognised. No drive showing in Windows. _2 and _3 are ok. Checked in BIOS and not showing the drive fitted in _1. Swapped drive and confirmed that the m.2 drive is working in another slot. Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?  Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @ChrisOz 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device
Could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 1641 released on February 29, 2024, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.
Meanwhlie, as stated in the PRIME Z790-P D4 User’s Manual, the channel for M.2_1 is sourced from the CPU, while M.2_2 and M.2_3 are provided by the chipset.

Therefore, if updating the BIOS and cross-testing with other SSDs yield the same results, we recommend that you reinstall the CPU, ensuring that the pins are not bent, or cross-test with a different CPU.

Thank you.

Hi. It’s new build. M.2_ 2 and 3 working. When M.2 drive fitted to M.2_1, drive not seen in Windows and not listed as a drive or slot in BIOS. Abroad until next week. Will check BIOS status and update if required on Monday